Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Catching up on the past 17 weeks

Well, since I spend so much time on the computer, and my now favorite thing is telling stories about my baby and my pregnancy, I figured "Why not start a blog?" I'm putting a disclaimer out there that I probably will not update it on a regular or even a semi-regular basis, and I may get bored and give it up completely before this 9 months is over. But, hey, don't get discouraged! I will try my darned-est and I have plenty of people out there to bug me for blog updates (you know who you are out there...keep on me!)

ANYways...for those of you who don't know, or just for a refresher: I am 18 weeks pregnant with my first baby! The current due date is December 28-30 (somewhere in there...). Hopefully the baby decides to be good and come about a week and a half early (just to please mommy of course!). We just found out that the baby's a boy. Yea! Both Matt and I were not-so-secretly hoping that it'd be a little boy, and we got lucky! (Hopefully soon I'll be able to put the ultrasound pictures up for you guys).

Speaking of ultrasound, besides feeling the baby move (another story for another time), the ultrasound is by far the coolest thing you will ever experience in your life (thus far anyways...). My little guy is VERY active, and to see him move around and make unproductive kicks was soooo cool! My ultrasound tech was an amazing woman, and she took the time to explain everything she was measuring and photographing. She pointed out his "important" parts (some of which need no explanation), and you could actually see his heart pumping blood and his bladder emptying out (lucky guy...mine was still full!). Since I have no "visible" belly (I swear it's there!!), seeing him in there just validated everything.

So, I think it's time for lunner (meal between lunch and dinner). Yes, I eat ALL THE TIME! It's a wonder I have only gained 4 pounds!

2 comments:

HopeHonestyLove said...

My mom said she hardly gained weight until the end the first time. I think at least, maybe I'm lying, haha.

HI BABY PHANTOM! Those active kicks are just getting him ready for those marathon runs to promote world peace.

Love Auntie Gorgeous (in a brit accent)

Melanie Eccles said...

I'm so excited to keep up with you here. You're so right about a blog being a great way to tell everyone important the things happening in your life without repeating yourself a million times. I hope you keep up with it. (granted I don't have a job yet, so when I get one...we'll see...ha, ha!)

love you!