Friday, January 23, 2009

Month One

Has it really been a month since Owen has entered our lives? Where, oh where has the time gone?! If it's going this fast now, what is life going to be like in a year, 5 years, 10 years, etc.? I couldn't keep up before a baby, you can imagine that now I am frantically playing catch up!

For those who don't know, or those who just want to hear it again: Owen Matthew Lacy was born on December 23, 2008 at 8:19am. He was 7lbs 6oz and 19 1/2" long. Because he was breech, I had a c-section. I had about 12 hours to prepare for this surgery...not a lot of time! We came home from the hospital on Christmas morning and were very blessed with both of our families being there plus a full Christmas dinner!

*As a side note, I really want to thank everyone - again - for all the visits and well-wishes and support those first few days (both in the hospital and at home). Matt and I are extremely blessed to have such people in our lives!*

Since then Owen's gotten adjusted to life here on Earth. He eats constantly! At his last dr. appointment on Tuesday, he weighed 9lbs 8oz and was 21 1/2" long. His eyes are still a deep blue-gray and his hair has a red-ish tint to it. While he was born with a full head of hair, he has recently developed a receding hairline (making him look like Dr Phil according to Bekah). He sleeps pretty good - most of the time (!). Seriously, though, he is a very content, happy baby. Matt and I lucked out. The two of us are balancing work and school and baby and, well, life. Most of what we once knew has gone completely out the window, but we feel so much more complete with our l'il man. I will try to keep - somewhat - regular posts about Owen and life, and most of these post will probably be written at 3am! C'est la vie!

December 24, 2008

January 20, 2009

No comments: