Thursday, July 2, 2009

Scrapbooking

My vice is scrapbooking. It is addicting, it costs money, I spend way too much time - sometime neglecting other responsibilities (never Owen, of course!) - with the activity; but it helps me relax. I get in the zone, do a page, and come back to civilization a refreshed woman. Lately, due to time and resources, I do one or two pages a month at the most. But I love documenting my son's growth with pictures and journalings. I know that being a boy, he may not appreciate it like a girl would, but I know that it will be something he will treasure and that his future mate (eeeks!) will thank me for. Plus it's fun for Matt and I (and anyone else...) to look back at how much things have changed, even in these short months.
^Title Page (documents age, height & weight)^

^Pregnancy Pages^

^Baby showers^

^He's here! (typical hospital shots)^

^One of my favorite pages^


^January^

^February^

^March^

^April^

^May^

^June^

Each month I do a "monthly" page with 2-4 pictures from that month along with a quote about babies or children. I've used song lyrics (Rascal Flat's "My Wish", Taylor Swift "Stay Beautiful") for the quotes as well, so if you know of any good ones, let me know. And this is the first 6 months, guys! I've still goit 6 more months to go for this book! It's going to be a thick one! I also redone two pages that I previously scraped. (Can you guess which 2?)

Now that I'm caught up with this month, I'm going to go make out my garage sale list for tomorrow. (Hopefully it won't rain!)

2 comments:

Melanie Eccles said...

great work! You get more done than I do and your life is definitely busier than mine.:) whenever I get in the "zone" (every 2-3 months!) I end up doing 4-10 pages cause of all the time and work it takes to set up and clean up and it definitely has a certain mindset. So I guess we even out. :D

Oh, and I totally wish we could garage sale together!

Elizabeth said...

Me, too! It'd be great to scour the neighborhoods with you!