Monday, October 20, 2008

Week 30 Day 1

Your uterus is at your breastbone and rib cage.

Your baby now gains about ½ pound and ½ inch each week until she is born. She now weighs about 3 pounds and measures 10.8 inches from crown to rump. If you stretched her legs out, she would be about 16 inches long. Her fat deposits double so her creased skin starts to fill out. Her skin starts to shed the lanugo and the hair on her eyebrows, eyelids and head continue to grow. She can blink her eyes and her pupils react to outside light by constricting and dilating. During the next few weeks, your baby experiences REM and non-REM sleep patterns as her brain continues its rapid growth. (babytobee.com)

Yes, I know my uterus is now at my breastbone and rib cage. I can feel every movement right there. I can't believe that the baby is about 16 inches long already! Especially since the average length at birth is 19-21 inches. He's only got about 4 more inches to grow! Crazy thought! However, he's still got about 5 pounds to put on. Really that doesn't sound like a lot, but it's the size of Miles. That's a lot. And all in 10 weeks. 10 more weeks. Wow.

Tomorrow is my last pre-baby birthday. It's not really even pre-baby because I cannot drink. (not that I'd drink a lot, but a Strawberry Margarita sounds nice.) Anyways. It's not that exciting as it has been for the past 22 years. Is that a sign of getting old? Or is the stress just getting to me?

10 more weeks...

No comments: