Early today I had to drop Miles off for his little surgery. I was fine, got him in the car and cozy, drove to the vet, carried him in, said hello to the receptionist. Then she took him to the back so she could have me fill out the paperwork, and I lost it! He was being so sweet because he was so scared, cuddling up on my neck, crying and purring. He didn't want to let go! When she was getting him settled in the back, I let myself have a few tears and then wiped my eyes for when she got back. I allowed the waterworks to come when I finally got back to my car.
Then, that got me thinking: what the devil am I going to be like in January when I have to go back to school and leave the baby with somebody? I love Miles to pieces, but I didn't carry him for 9 months, he's not my flesh and blood. If I bawl because he's scared and I don't want to leave him, how am I going to be when the baby's crying (or not crying) and I have to leave him? I don't know if I can do this...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment