Thursday, August 7, 2008

Week 19 Day 4

So I just got out of a meeting with my adviser at school about the whole being pregnant thing. I was super nervous that he would just look at me cross-eyed and tell me that I was crazy and never to come back. Luckily, he was very supportive, and he gave me suggestions to give me a heads-up for the next year or so. He also said that they could postpone my first set of clinicals so that way I could have February off with the baby. I'd still have to got to class starting January 13th, but he said even then they might be able to work with me a little. So basically we got a skeletal outline for a plan down and we'll play the details by ear. Personally, I hate playing things by ear - I'd much rather have a plan - but it'll work. He did say that it will prolly be the most challenging thing I've ever done, and that he doesn't want me taking away from any of the joy/excitement of this being my first pregnancy, but I will really have to work hard at everything. Understood, Willing and Able.

Moving on...

This is the nursery set that Matt and I -big shocker here, brace yourselves!- agreed on. I think it's adorable, and Matt really likes the mobile. "He'll definitely be a fisherman now" I think were his exact words! Lucky for me, it's located at 3 spots (Babies R Us, Walmart, and Target--hint,hint ;) ), so hopefully it will not be discontinued by December. *Fingers crossed*



It is so hard not to buy everything baby. I look online at cute, cute stuff and automatically think I need to buy this now. They won't have it in a couple months, look at the great sale! Being poor kinda helps ward off any double-clicking on the "shopping cart" button, but still! That's why Americans have credit cards, right?! (JUST KIDDING!!)

No comments: