Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Week 22 Day 2


fetus in fifth month


Fetal development in pregnancy week 22:The grow must go on! No wonder you’re getting so big, you’re now housing a wonder-baby who weighs nearly a pound and measures nearly a foot in length. Their perfect little pancreas is now further developed and they’ve also started producing their own hormones! Your baby's future in the circus as a world-famous tight-rope-walker is secure: their inner ear is now developed to the point that they have their own sense of balance. Lucky for your little explorer, balance also promotes physical dexterity, which has them actively feeling out their surroundings where skin, body parts, and the resident umbilical cord are the big sensory experiences. Your foot-long baby, is looking a bit like an oversized raisin right now as more and more wrinkles are showing up each week. Not to worry, all that excessive wrinkling is just their skin’s way of planning ahead for the time when they’ll start piling on that irresistible baby chub. (http://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/calendar/week22)

Y'all show really read the ticker at the base of the page as well. Hilarious!

I went to the doctor today. I do have to say that it was the quickest all-around trip I've had to see him yet! It was scheduled for 3:45 and I was outa there by 4:15. Yea! I haven't "gained" anymore weight (still at 131), but the baby has "popped". There is a definite belly, however small it may be. And he told me to schedule my glucose test. I was a little worried that he had forgotten about this, but he told me that he wanted it at 24 weeks. So, I can breathe easy, at least until I have to actually drink the yucky stuff.

Also, my darling husband has passed his Fall cold to me now, so I discussed that with the Doc, too. Apparently Vicks rub is okay, so I didn't need to make the mad-dash that I did to the sink last night to wash it off. He suggested TheraFlu. Anybody used this? Does it actually work? Doc said it works great and is safe for baby, but if it doesn't work at all then I will just suffer through. But I see him again in 2 weeks, partly to watch my weight and partly because of this cold complication.

My son has a sense of humor, because no matter how much I coax him, he will not do power-kicks when Matt is around. But when the Doc was checking his heartbeat, he whacked the Doppler-thingy. Doc & I was like "whoa!" The little booger won't listen to me already!

1 comment:

Melanie Eccles said...

I love that your blogging all these occurrences! It's wonderful keeping up with our lives like this. And quite entertaining to say the least. ;)

love you.