So. I did it. I went shopping. And came back with 4 pairs of pants and 2 shirts. All for quite the bargain thanks to my mom's gut and a little store called "Once Upon a Child". I really could have spent a lot more at a maternity store we shopped in for a little while--adorable clothing, ridiculous prices. (well, ridiculous in my mindset that I will only wear these clothes for 4 months.) I cannot figure out how to work my camera's timed picture setting thing, or else I'd take pictures (*gasp!*) for your viewing pleasure. I'll just tell you that one outfit is adorable, one is okay, and they all are comfortable! Comfort is vitally important I realized, even if your pants look like "old lady pants" or "6 year old boy pants". (yes, that's what they look like...)
My lower abdominal muscles hurt. The baby must be going through a growth spurt or kicking extra or something, because it hurts like you've done 100 sit-ups without the effort or results.
I've also developed a new fear. A couple actually-one is just silly, the other really worries me. Okay: #1 I'm afraid of going over hills in the car. In town there is a spot where you go over -freshly paved- railroad tracks and then another hill that's just like railroad tracks (you all know where I'm talking. Well, it freaks me out. It's like the usual stomach-in-throat-topsy-turvy feeling just magnified by like 1000. It almost makes me physically ill. And then there's the Woodman Ave. hill. HORRIBLE!
#2 is I'm worried that after the baby's born I won't be able to sleep. You know they say "sleep when the baby sleeps" or whatever. My fear is that since I am such a heavy sleeper, I won't wake up when the baby wakes up. They say that it changes and that you become a much lighter sleeper, but what if? What if I don't hear the baby? What if something happens? See, all this will be running through my mind as I lay down, and I will not be able to fall asleep. Any tips, heavy sleeper moms?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Gandhi doesn't cry or wake up during the night. He meditates and creates peace. So sleep tight because he'll be solving world hunger before breakfast.
Post a Comment